New To The Business?
Did you know that some of our most successful agents come from industries and jobs that are not related to real estate? Find out if a career in Real Estate is right for you.
Requirements for an Ohio Real Estate Salesperson’s License
1. Be honest, truthful and of good reputation.
2. Be at least 18 years old.
3. Be sponsored by an Ohio Broker.
4. Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude. Not have violated any civil rights laws regarding real estate within the past two years as determined by a court of law or violated any rules of the Ohio Division of Real Estate. In some circumstances, it is possible to have a conviction or violation disregarded, which would allow you to sit for the exam. The Division may only make a determination with respect to a conviction or violation if you file an application. For additional information on this process, contact the Division directly or review the additional information found on the Division’s website.
5. Have a high school diploma or its equivalent as recognized by the Ohio Department of Education if you were born after 1950.
6. Complete the education requirements:
• Real Estate Principles and Practices (40 hours)
• Ohio Real Estate Law, including instruction in civil rights, housing discrimination and desegregation problems (40 hours)
• Real Estate Appraisal (20 hours)
• Real Estate Finance (20 hours)
Please note: Any person who has not been licensed as a real estate salesperson or broker within a four-year period immediately preceding his/her current application for the salesperson’s exam must have completed the above classroom instruction within a 10-year period immediately preceding the current salesperson application. This education must have been completed at an institution of higher education that awards a degree in at least a two-year program [i.e. an associate degree].
An applicant for an Ohio salesperson’s license should submit:
1. A completed Salesperson Examination Application with $60.00 fee.
(Note: If you answer “yes” to any of the Ethical Conduct questions, please submit a detailed explanation. Your application will be reviewed by our Legal staff.)
2. Proof of completion of the Education Requirements (a copy of official transcripts or course completion certificates)
Once the Division processes a complete application, the applicant’s information is sent to the testing vendor. The testing vendor will process the information and send a Candidate Information Bulletin with instructions on scheduling the exams.
The applicant must pass the State and National portions of the Ohio Real Estate Salesperson exam in order for a license to be issued. Passing score: 70
For more information, contact the Ohio Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing at 614-466-4100.
We recommend Hondros College www.Hondros.com for your pre-license needs. Log into this website to view class schedules and details.
If you have any further questions please click here to Email us or call our customer care center at 614-306-5050
Schedule an Appointment
We understand that your interest in exploring a career with Cutler Real Estate should remain private and confidential. After submitting your information, you will be contacted by our Recruiting Associate who will answer any questions and coordinate a priority interview with you.